Thursday, May 27, 2010

Superheroes and continuous partial attention



I had quite a bit of fun making this thing. You are a little constrained by the scenes, the fact there can be only two characters, not being able to move things around and so on but in a way that was a good thing for me. I don't consider myself particularly creative so the fact there were those constraints scaffolded the writing side of things a bit. I must say, though, the software is pretty clunky so it's quite time consuming but I'm sure it'll get faster and easier to use as they continue to develop it.

4 comments:

  1. Haha that's awesome Phil. I definitely got your point about the decline in social interaction. Although it sounds like someone might have iPhone envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shayna. I didn't intend for my character to have iphone envy - it must be my own iphone envy coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Phil. Very funny. For someone who loves creative writing and storytelling I don't have an innate understanding for people who struggle with it, like I do with those who struggle with maths. However, my stepdaughter hates creative writing and I agree this would be a wonderful way to scaffold her writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it. i need to find some time and make me one of these.
    again a tool i can see used in schools quite effectively.

    ReplyDelete